Accidents and Injuries

Accidents and injuries may happen at any time, so it is important to carry medical insurance. The University has protocols put in place for reporting accidents that occur while on campus and during clinical rotations. The number one priority is student safety. If the accident is serious, please call 911. Fortunately, most accidents do not require emergency services. Regardless of where the accident takes place, please contact Campus Safety immediately at 714.992.7892. They may help take care of the situation and call an ambulance if need be and facilitate their arrival on campus. Campus Safety will complete an incident report.

After the situation is stable, the student should report the injury to their program Student Affairs representative and complete a claim form. They will forward a copy of the claim form and all necessary information to Human Resources who will report the claim. If a student is injured while on rotations, they should please seek immediate care and then follow the procedure list above.

Workers’ Compensation Insurance coverage may apply to a student who is injured during an assignment, including class, laboratory, or clinic and while performing a campus work-study job. The Workers’ Compensation Claim Form (DWC-1) should be completed within 24 hours of the injury. This form is located on the Work Study page of the portal. For medical attention outside of California, call (888) 558-7478.