Southern California College of Optometry Student Handbook
The Southern California College of Optometry (SCCO) is pleased to present the 2023-2024 SCCO Student Handbook as a supplement to the University Catalog and MBKU Student Handbook. This handbook includes a compilation of Program policies and other information pertinent to your educational experience at SCCO at Marshall B. Ketchum University (MBKU).
A. Use of the SCCO Student Handbook
The handbook is a reference document for matriculated students used to supplement, not replace, the University Catalog and MBKU Student Handbook. Through the course of the year, as policies or information necessary for ready reference are developed, they will be distributed to students as "SCCO Student Handbook Supplements."
The policies contained herein are provided to give a general understanding of the regulations governing SCCO and its constituents. They are subject to revision without notification. SCCO assumes no responsibility for errors in or misrepresentation of these policies. This handbook should not be regarded as a contract. For more information contact the Office of the Dean.
MBKU and SCCO reserve the right to change programs, policies, and requirements published in this handbook. The handbook should not be regarded as a contract. The information contained herein is listed as of June 2020.
B. Reference to the University Catalog and MBKU Student Handbook
MBKU Enrollment and Student Services publishes the University Catalog and MBKU Student Handbook on an annual basis. These documents include an all-encompassing compilation of University policies and other information pertinent to your educational experience at MBKU.
The Program Student Handbooks make reference to select MBKU policies within this document for ease of reference. Matriculated students are responsible for understanding and following the Catalog and both MBKU and respective Program Student Handbooks.
Please refer to the University Catalog for the following policies and procedures:
- Compliance Statement
- Academic Policies: Including Grading, Exam Policies, Extended Leave, Withdrawal, and Probation and Dismissal
- Student Records Policies and Procedures
- Financial Aid Policies: Including Aid Disbursement, Work Study, and Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Student Accounts Services: Including Billing and Payment Policies and Tuition Refund Policy
- Admissions, Financial Information, Curriculum, and Courses for Optometry Programs
Please refer to the MBKU Student Handbook for the following policies and procedures:
- Non-Discrimination Statement
- Classroom Etiquette
- Computer Use Policy
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Accounts Services: Explanation of Tuition and Fees, Past Due Status, Emergency Loans, Overpayment Funds, Direct Deposit, and Student Financial Responsibility and Collections
- Campus Store Accounts
- Student ID and Access Cards
- Student Conduct
- Accommodating Students & Applicants with Disabilities
- Mental Health Counseling Services
- Peer Advisors and Peer Tutors
- Activities, Seminars, and Co-Curricular Programs
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Health and Safety Policies, including Campus Safety